Last revised: June 9, 2016
All officers are required to be members of SFPE International.
President – 1 year term
- To organize the chapter and run meetings
- Run July and December Board Meetings
- Acquire speakers for meetings
- Update the Chapter on pertinent local events
- Oversee roles of other officers
- Submit an annual, updated list of all incoming Chapter officers to SFPE International.
- Oversee the review and update of the chapter constitution & bylaws annually.
1st Vice President – 1 year term
- To support the President and assist with membership
- Help contact previous members for renewal
- Coordinate applications for honors, awards, and fellowships
- Assist in growing the chapter membership
- Bring the Chapter banner to all meetings
2nd Vice President – 1 year term
- To support the President and assist with running the chapter
- Assist with the annual Golf Outing as needed
- The program chair (VP), on an annual basis, should submit to SFPE International a list of the past year’s chapter meeting speakers to add to the SFPE speaker’s bureau list maintained by HQ.
- Supervise activities related to content and maintenance of the Chapter website.
Treasurer – 1 year term
- To oversee the finances of the chapter
- Pay all necessary bills
- Balance the account
- Collect member and guest fees
- File tax forms for the Chapter
- For USA-based chapters, file Form 990 or Form 990EZ, Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax, as required with the Internal Revenue Service. Additionally, depending on the level of finances and income for the chapter, the chapter may berequired to file a tax return with the Internal Revenue Service (USA based chapters only).
- Report to the Chapter financial standings at business meetings
Secretary – 1 year term
- To coordinate correspondence for and with the Chapter
- Send meeting notices to the mailing list
- Take and report the minutes for all Chapter business meetings
- Update the Chapter, as necessary, of local events
- Maintains permanent Chapter files, including permanent minutes and correspondence for at least two successive Chapter years.
- Maintains Chapter membership records- At least annually submit a Chapter membership roster to SFPE International
- Check SFPE gmail account regularly
Asst. Secretary – 1 year term
- To assist the Secretary and support the Chapter
- File for PIE recognition of speaker programs
- Provide sign-in form for PIE credit
- Fill in should the Secretary be absent
Immediate Past President – 1 year term
- To support the President and Chapter as needed
- File the Chapter application for recognition with SFPE International
Director (4) – Each serving a 2-year term
- To provide assist where able and provide input for Chapter events
- To maintain the Chapter website
- Update the meeting information
- Update the site for speaker handouts